GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my GSX-S1000F with Yoshi R11 and decat was tuned by the local shop using Woolich on their dyno. The main reason for my visit was that the bike was very snatchy in the lower throttle/RPM ranges (as most of you know from experience). The biggest part of that issue is now resolved, however it's not completely gone. Other than that I've also gained some power and torque throughout the whole range, and the throttle response feels alot smoother/more direct. One downside is that the fuel consumption has now gone down, due to the bike running very lean before adjustments.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yesterday my GSX-S1000F with Yoshi R11 and decat was tuned by the local shop using Woolich on their dyno. The main reason for my visit was that the bike was very snatchy in the lower throttle/RPM ranges (as most of you know from experience). The biggest part of that issue is now resolved, however it's not completely gone. Other than that I've also gained some power and torque throughout the whole range, and the throttle response feels alot smoother/more direct. One downside is that the fuel consumption has now gone down, due to the bike running very lean before adjustments.

Looks like that dyno reads high, not much gains from a decat and woolich tune but as long as it has improved the throttle then mission accomplished

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I guess the point of crossing at 5252 is lost....if showing NM or tq ....TQ AND HP always cross at 5252,,,,,if they dont i believe its false reading......anyone yes no maybe

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I guess the point of crossing at 5252 is lost....if showing NM or tq ....TQ AND HP always cross at 5252,,,,,if they dont i believe its false reading......anyone yes no maybe
They always cross at 5252 but only if measured in HP and pound feet

If other units are used such as PS and Newton Metres then the crossover point is different

BUT

The crossover point for PS and NM is around 7120 RPM ( i can't remember the exact figure)

So why this crosses at 9000 RPM is beyond me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The confusion seems to be caused by the different Y axis values resulting in a "crooked graph". Looking at the max values again, the top bar is the torque and the bottom bar is the horsepower.

When looking at 7000RPM you can see power is at 115HP and the torque is at 115NM so that is in line with what it should be according to the poster above. But because different Y scales are used for torque and power it looks different.

Regarding WHP/BHP, I always assumed dyno's measure power at the wheel?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The confusion seems to be caused by the different Y axis values resulting in a "crooked graph". Looking at the max values again, the top bar is the torque and the bottom bar is the horsepower.

When looking at 7000RPM you can see power is at 115HP and the torque is at 115NM so that is in line with what it should be according to the poster above. But because different Y scales are used for torque and power it looks different.
Obvious really, most dyno charts only have the one Y axis, don't know how i missed that

·
Registered
111 Posts
**** Paul, those are some impressive numbers! I hope my gsx can see that kind of performance one day.

For those interested, I believe 115NM converts to just under 85 lb-ft of torque. Impressive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts