GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a boosterplug and not using it anymore(pcv install or something else) i'm take

I have several adresses in the usa ans canada, sometimes it helps for the shipping cost etc

Pm me!

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any luck finding one? Boosterplug doesnt charge shipping from europe and got to me in a week. There was one member selling it here a while ago. Dont know if he still has it. http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-appearance-modifications/24370-booster-plug-opportunity.html

If anyone has a boosterplug and not using it anymore(pcv install or something else) i'm take

I have several adresses in the usa ans canada, sometimes it helps for the shipping cost etc

Pm me!

Thanks

·
Registered
974 Posts

Pm me!

Thanks
IMO if the bikes running fine and just the constant throttle is the problem in the lower rev range why not just try the 02 eliminator for the cost of only a few of dollars in eBay
Here is dyno jets explanation on it

Many of today?s bikes now come standard with an oxygen sensor(s) in the exhaust system. The ECU is designed to read the Oxygen Sensor under certain conditions and temporarily change the air/fuel ratio. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed. For example, on some models if you are above 2250 rpm and under 30% throttle position, the stock system (with or without the Power Commander) will grad- ually and temporarily lean out the air fuel ratio in an attempt to achieve an air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 (stoichiometric). The Oxygen sensor(s) can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. dash warning light. By installing the Dynojet Oxygen Sensor eliminator, the closed loop system is disabled and the F.I. light functions correctly

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i honestly don't know yet what to do.. the bike isnt running perfect at idle and until 3500 rpm..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, the issue is a full exhaust system was installed in a stock GSXS1000 Map. The hypothesis is the bike is running way too lean. Installing the o2 sensor eliminator may cure the symptoms, but will not cure the cause. All the while, the bike will be running lean. I had the same issue with my GTR when I installed a full exhaust without tuning.
Engine is running lean and ECM is trying to compensate through the open loop system. Was sorted out when a tune was implemented. ie. Richened the mixture.

Well i honestly don't know yet what to do.. the bike isnt running perfect at idle and until 3500 rpm..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts