GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This harness adapter is used to measure TPS output. If you have one lying around let me know.

Breakout Lead
Kawasaki Part Number – 57001-1538
Suzuki Part Number – 09900-28631

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Got mine from MSP £20.59 inc mind you that was in 2017.

Brand​
Part number​
Description​
Quantity​
Price
Total​
Kawasaki570011538THROTTLE SENSOR SETTI ZX636-B1
1​
£ 11.03​
£ 11.03​
Subtotal£ 11.03
Total shipping:£ 5.99
NET Invoice total:£ 17.02
VAT for EU VAT (21%):£ 3.57
Total invoice:£ 20.59

Reactions: Gixis1k

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you still looking for one?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sure. You use the pointy end of a sewing needle, or safety pin, or some other small gauge metal implement and with that pointy end press into the wire through the insulation and into the wire. Alternately, push the same pointy end of your small gauge implement into the back side of the connector until you make contact with the metal pin. Repeat this step with the second wire until you have two firmly secured pins sticking from either the wire itself, or its associated point in the back of the connector.
Then turn on your voltmeter of choice, refer to your owner's manual for this step.
I believe beyond this point you turn your key to the on position and then touch your voltmeter leads to one of each of those pins.
Throttle closed voltage should be between 1.10 - 1.14
Adjust as needed.
If you've chosen to puncture the wire and are concerned about the hole you've left behind, feel free at this stage to give it a wrap of electrical tape.
I'm all for purchasing specialty tools when they are needed and have done so many times, checking voltage is not one of those operations that require it. Now if I were working on hundreds of customer bikes and charging $75-$150/hr labor it'd be worth it. My own kit, no way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts