GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I picked up my new Gixxus yesterday, black and cherry red. About a month a go I went into the shop just to buy some new gloves but ended up taking the Gixus for a test ride - fell in love and the rest, as they say, is history... I'm not really sure about the traction control - what does everyone have it set on??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi everyone! I picked up my new Gixxus yesterday, black and cherry red. About a month a go I went into the shop just to buy some new gloves but ended up taking the Gixus for a test ride - fell in love and the rest, as they say, is history... I'm not really sure about the traction control - what does everyone have it set on??
I am afraid I cannot comment until you have a picture up with you and your bike ;)

With me TC is at 1 or off (unless it is wet and then i think of the £10k I paid for the bike and set it at 3!! :D)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi GixxusGirl!
Cool go the black & Red! Where abouts in Qld are you?

My TC is always on 1 or off. If you like to wheelie like me then you will need it selected back to off before you launch as the engine power is controlled when the front wheel starts to point North.

Cheers,

Zac.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome & great to meet another Queenslander! Not sure about the TC as I'll be picking up my bike next week all going well. Have fun on the bike though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi GixxusGirl!
Cool go the black & Red! Where abouts in Qld are you?

My TC is always on 1 or off. If you like to wheelie like me then you will need it selected back to off before you launch as the engine power is controlled when the front wheel starts to point North.

Cheers,

Zac.
I'm up in Townsville, not sure there'll be too many other Gixxus around up here! I've never figured out how to wheelie (but I would like to at some point!), but thanks for the point on TC.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi GixxusGirl, welcome. I have my traction control on 2 at the moment as still not done 500 miles on it yet, when I can open it up more will put it on 1. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
WELCOME
Traction control, ive never had it before so ive briefly tried all the settings just out of curiosity.

OFF ..... whooooo straight to No1 (only done 250 miles at the time... later for that setting)

No1 ...... wheeeee nice smooth and front wheel on the floor ( like sandyman says not run in yet so later for that setting too)

No2 ...... Yeah Grin factor 6 going to leave it on this until its run in

No3 ...... Not sure about this one Wet riding (used twice) seems to slow the bike right down almost sluggish ( ill be using this more often in the coming weeks/months though).

So try them out and post what you think .... Welcome again

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Gixxusgirl

Nice colorchoise for a girl :)

TC is allways on 1, except in rain then it is on 3
I'm not a wheelie king

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi and welcome. I have TC on 1. I don't know what everyone is worried about with waiting for certain k's or miles on their bike before they "push" it... did 2 mountain days (yesterday & today) since picking bike up on friday... :D track days next weekend! Congrats on the new wheels!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts