GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is anybody running the Yoshimura Alpha slip on with Arrow header? Wondering how loud that would be. Thanks for any input!
I am running the Arrow header and the Yoshimura Alpha slip on. The combination works well together and it sounds good but it is pretty loud. Everyone will know you are coming their way!

·
Registered
719 Posts
thats what im running. It is loud. I also run it with the Yoshi decible killer. actually runs a little smoother with the decible killer.

·
Registered
444 Posts
From my understanding, the Cat/muffler box on this bike is what quiets the bike. When you change the header you also take away 90% of the sound reduction because you are removing the muffler box. In other words, it does not matter a whole lot which muffler (end can, silencer, slip on, etc.) you choose. The bike will be loud. Now that does not mean every slip on will be as loud or as quiet as the next. My personal opinion on this subject is the larger the slip on, the more noise reduction it should provide. But that is just a guess.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From my understanding, the Cat/muffler box on this bike is what quiets the bike. When you change the header you also take away 90% of the sound reduction because you are removing the muffler box. In other words, it does not matter a whole lot which muffler (end can, silencer, slip on, etc.) you choose. The bike will be loud. Now that does not mean every slip on will be as loud or as quiet as the next. My personal opinion on this subject is the larger the slip on, the more noise reduction it should provide. But that is just a guess.
This is very true! Put the Yosh slip on first while I was waiting for my Arrow header to come in and with just the slip on I noticed virtually no change in sound. Full header removing muffler box and cat huge difference in sound!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm after headers to take the 18mm pc5 auto tune 02 sensor,but all seem to be smaller hole than the one from auto tune

·
Registered
29 Posts
How much HP do Arrow headers gain on the GSXS? Has anyone had a before and after dyno done?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts