GSXS 1000 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya i know look big box fresh metal bent stickers -- ya ya but they do not matter for a street rider it is a total waste of money and the BALD DYNO GUY will lie to you if you think you need more power just decaT and get a flash after that go to a drag strip and see the time slip- I seriously do not understand the mindset of this-- being an older rider-- IF i wanted a GSXR 1K ZX10 i would have bought it- i bought my gsxs1kf because of comfort and rideability= and I LOVE IT - to say its not fast enough is just flat STUPID or you do not know how to ride-- I take off bury the tach jam the gears and this monster get with the program i mean spinning first gear chirping second with a wiggle jamming third and I'm at 110 mph - IM leaning down jamming this thing like a drag bike and it tells me keep gassing I'm here 4 you- busted a zl!camaro ass with my sport tourer -- so maybe reconsider before you dump out the cash----------------------- flash stock pc5 ya all in-- headers get real

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya i know look big box fresh metal bent stickers -- ya ya but they do not matter for a street rider it is a total waste of money and the BALD DYNO GUY will lie to you if you think you need more power just decaT and get a flash after that go to a drag strip and see the time slip- I seriously do not understand the mindset of this-- being an older rider-- IF i wanted a GSXR 1K ZX10 i would have bought it- i bought my gsxs1kf because of comfort and rideability= and I LOVE IT - to say its not fast enough is just flat STUPID or you do not know how to ride-- I take off bury the tach jam the gears and this monster get with the program i mean spinning first gear chirping second with a wiggle jamming third and I'm at 110 mph - IM leaning down jamming this thing like a drag bike and it tells me keep gassing I'm here 4 you- busted a zl!camaro ass with my sport tourer -- so maybe reconsider before you dump out the cash----------------------- flash stock pc5 ya all in-- headers get real
True, how many can use all of the power the stock bike makes? Not many

·
Registered
116 Posts
IF you are saying to decat, then unless you want to go through the irreversible hassle of cutting the box off, then a set of header pipes to decat is the easiest way.
I went that route, not for more power, just because it was easier and reversible.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd just like to add... You do not need flash, you do not need decat, you do not need PC5, Get real.
Just ride. If you want a flash, and decat, why stop there and rant about people that get headers. Jeez... 🤣
you "do" lol need a flash. jk. but I wouldn't own my bike without it after owning with it. if I get new GT I am still going to have it refreshed, maybe not fueling if the fueling is good, but that engine braking/fuel cut has to go. and the other benefits

·
Registered
100 Posts
I may not need it but damned if I don’t want it, especially after getting my ass handed to me on a straight and the twisties by a worked Pannigale V2 a week ago. Not only did he show me I didn’t have enough power but also that my suspension and tires suck. Or, maybe he showed me I just need to buy a GSXR also. 😬

·
Banned
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may not need it but damned if I don’t want it, especially after getting my ass handed to me on a straight and the twisties by a worked Pannigale V2 a week ago. Not only did he show me I didn’t have enough power but also that my suspension and tires suck. Or, maybe he showed me I just need to buy a GSXR also. 😬
ya that last part- an r7 with an expert rider could leave me in the twistedteas too-

·
Registered
134 Posts
As well as my GSXS1OOOF I've got a 650 V-Strom, last week riding through 30km of twisties with 7 mates equally familiar with the road and experience all of them riding sports bikes some with 200+hp,I put about 5 minutes on them. Good indication that power isn't everything

·
Registered
100 Posts
Power isn’t everything but all other things equal it will win. I’ve been on that same road with guys on ZX10’s and R1’s that couldn't keep up with me on the GSXS and had a buddy who couldn’t stay with me on his GSXS while I was on my CB500F. It’s a fun piece of road with little traffic. Should have known better though, skinny dude on a lighter bike.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Probably a gsxr wouldn’t help you either. He was probably a much better rider. Maybe start thinking motorcycles are hotrods on the street. Instead of fantasize of being a motorcycle racer

·
Registered
100 Posts
Probably a gsxr wouldn’t help you either. He was probably a much better rider. Maybe start thinking motorcycles are hotrods on the street. Instead of fantasize of being a motorcycle racer
Had to go dickhead didn’t ya?
He was definitely a better rider and on a better bike but that doesn’t mean I can’t ride or fantasize about being a racer if I want to. You do you. I do me. Been riding for 36 years and am not **** but not the best and don’t claim to be.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.