GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be helpful in fully appreciating the comments in threads and putting them into context if everyone stated which part of the world they are in. Country, state, county etc.
Perhaps Admin could make it a condition of posting on the forum?
What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I like a location.
I don't think we need a street, number and zip code but even if it was as nondescript as South East Australia or Middle America it would be interesting to A) Find out where we are all from
B) Might give us a better idea what time certain members are more likely to log in.
C) You might find some members near you for a ride out
D) I'm just bloody Nosey:laugh:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good old Minnesota, USA. Always cold.....
Cold as an ex-wifes stare : - )

Pretty cold where I live too, no riding between October and March at the earliest and more than likely April. However the summers are long and hot. :laugh:

Noticed my bikes stay in better condition than when I was in the UK. must be that long winter hiatus.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Doesn't even get over sixty degrees F here typically from November till April. I have seen temperaturs as low as negative twenty six degrees F in January and February. Then it almost never hits ninety degrees F in the summer.

·
Administrator
232 Posts
Did you guys want something in forum like the profile page to show on the post profile field or a map of the states and NA for members to pin themselves?<--- the second option we can make a link under one of the forums.

Lee

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cold as an ex-wifes stare : - )

Pretty cold where I live too, no riding between October and March at the earliest and more than likely April. However the summers are long and hot. :laugh:

Noticed my bikes stay in better condition than when I was in the UK. must be that long winter hiatus.
I don't think I could handle not being able to ride 6 months of the year.:eek:
Where I am in Brisbane Australia it's riding weather all year round. Only time it gets uncomfortable is middle of summer when you can get 40 degree days, then it's time for a swim.;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Where I am in Brisbane Australia it's riding weather all year round. Only time it gets uncomfortable is middle of summer when you can get 40 degree days, then it's time for a swim.;)
You go where the jobs and family happen to be.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Don't think the wife would up sticks and move so I could ride more, I am already away most of the year in places where you wouldn't want to ride in the summer because the heat is 50 - 55 c

There is something special about waiting on that first warm enough day of the year to get your kit on and get out and ride. Lots of chuffed guys bimbeling about chuckling inside their helmets, few of the enlightened girls as well.

See looking forward to it already : - )

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well that's all very romantic and all but then I guess I feel special all year round as every day is a riding day.
Just saying:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts