GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a helmet communicator.

Is anyone currently using the Cardo PakTalk Bold?

Is it worth the money?

Whats better, Cardo, Sena?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Malak.

I recently bought a cardo Freecom 2+ (only good for 1 other rider as I understand) and tested it with a buddy and it works good. Love the FM radio and can of course listen to music on your phone. I haven't taken a call on it yet while riding but testing it indoors with someone, the sound was clear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a packtalk slim with the JBL speakers. It's a great unit and the sound quality is excellent. Phone calls are nice and clear (for both you and the other party), music sounds good, and the intercom between other riders is fantastic. The only drawback is that the charging port is very weak. If you buy one, get a micro USB cable with a magnetic breakaway tip on it (this is the one I use - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07589ZKM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) this way you don't put strain on the USB port from the cable going in and out. My USB port popped out when I was unplugging the charger one day and it took about 2 weeks to get a replacement unit from Cardo.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I bought a Cardo Freecom 4+ based on reviews.
It is incredible. Fitted into a Shoei GT air.
I have the same, just not the + version, including the Helmet. (y)
The only problem I have is that when you have established a connection if there is no conversation for a period of time it automatically shuts off. Very annoying, anyone know how to get round this?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Outstanding product all my riding buddies have it and we enjoy it a lot. Had other systems before and they were all junk, Cardo is highly recommended.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outstanding product all my riding buddies have it and we enjoy it a lot. Had other systems before and they were all junk, Cardo is highly recommended.

How does it work when you have to connect to other brands of communicators? Is the sound quality the same as going from Cardo to another Cardo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
in our group we use a mix of the original packtalk,bold and slim version and they work really well.
one or 2 other rides have old BT only units, and a few other makes and models but it works perfectly, the only thing is that not all other units have their(cardo's) MESH technology, so if a other brand unit that only uses BT breaks away, it does not auto connect, but the limiting factor is the other brand's device.
when the group splits up and gets together again, all the cardo units reconnects automatically without issue.
sound is perfect up to about 170kph with the normal speakers, have not tried the JBL upgraded version.

there are so many functions that we do not use as it has many different options that complicates it for me,
I wanted a unit for the group to communicate with each other as well as that allows phone and gps to be added on different channels, and the packtalk does a perfect job

·
Registered
12 Posts
quick thread hijack
I have the same, just not the + version, including the Helmet. (y)
The only problem I have is that when you have established a connection if there is no conversation for a period of time it automatically shuts off. Very annoying, anyone know how to get round this?
did you try upgrading the firmware and doing a full reset? we had to do this on the packtalk after cardo had a major firmware update that they released

//end hijack;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
quick thread hijack

did you try upgrading the firmware and doing a full reset? we had to do this on the packtalk after cardo had a major firmware update that they released

//end hijack;)
Yes.
Hijack ended.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts