GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new (to me) 2016 GSXS1000 - in the blue - naked version- less than 3000 miles on the clock - standard except previous owner had put a lowering kit on her . ..so as im 6'1 im putting the standard kit back on again this weekend. I still found it amazingly comfortable to ride home from the dealers.
I might start 'pimping her up over the coming months :) There appears to be a lot of aftermarket silencers for the gsxs . .. .For those that have removed the std exhaust and disabled the cat function???? easy to do or is it a garage/dealer task?
cheers anyways chaps / chapesses!! safe riding
Rob in Manchester / UK

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Rob, welcome along, you'll find plenty of info on here on modifications etc, Rear shock replacement and header replacement or a simple decat are very common mods with loads of info on here, PhuketPaul also has an excellent site full of information on the GSX S1000 whick is well worth looking at. https://gsx-s.info/

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome from the Midlands. Naked and blue, I like your choice.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Rob, a.k.a. Zapp
Enjoy your bike, but it will be getting cold up there by now, 6 weeks from Christmas ?
I guess that pop's a few more bikes onto the Northern Hemisphere Market, all that snow and ice, so you get a better price from the Sellers.
Just watch those salty roads, they won't do your bike any good, but I am sure you'll take it easy for a while before you give her heaps.

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts